- Working closely with our Engineers to make spectrum measurements, both in our well-equipped laboratory and in the field. This will be a great introduction to the leading-edge work of our measurement and systems teams
- Opportunity to work within our Spectrum Management Centre – to see how reports of spectrum interference are managed and gain an overview of our monitoring capabilities
- Working alongside our field-based Engineers as they investigate interference cases and carry out proactive inspections
- Working in technical policy areas to understand how policy is formed, our international work, and the important contribution this makes top spectrum users. This element will be based in Riverside House, London.
- You will spend some time with our Enforcement team to achieve a good understanding of the fundamentals of the legal framework in which we operate and our enforcement strategy
- Working with our Licensing team and our Programme Making and Special Events team to understand how spectrum in general, and these events, are planned for and managed
This is a development role and its aims are for the individual to attain:
- Valuable experience of all relevant spectrum areas, from policy through to operational
- An understanding how these areas are linked and their inter-dependency
- Academic and practical skills and abilities needed to carry out further duties within Spectrum Group at the end of the 2-year term
An extremely varied and challenging role, the initial contract is for a period of two years after which the successful applicant will be considered for a permanent role in one of our engineering teams.